A new package of support from Relate enables companies, public bodies and other organisations to:
- Adopt policies and take measures to prevent stress among their workforce
- Discuss with managers and employees how to identify stress and trigger coping mechanisms
- Provide a personalised and confidential programme of help to individual employees, enabling them to manage stress.
Latest estimates from the Health & Safety Executive’s Labour Force Survey show that:
- The total number of cases of work-related stress, depression or anxiety in 2014/15 was 440,000, a rate of 1,380 per 100,000 workers.
- The number of new cases was 234,000, a rate of 740 per 100,000 workers.
- The total number of working days lost due to stress in 2014/15 was 9.9 million days – an average of 23 days lost per case.
- In 2014/15, stress accounted for 35% of all work- related ill-health cases.
“Statistics show that stress is more prevalent in public service industries, such as education, health and social care,” says Relate Bedfordshire and Luton Head of Education and Learning Yasmin Ali. “But stress is a factor across all employment and can cause debilitating conditions among individuals as well as disruption and short-term or long-term loss of expertise among employing organisations. The main work factors cited by respondents that have caused their work-related stress, depression or anxiety are workload pressures, including tight deadlines, excessive responsibility and lack of managerial support.”
Relate’s new stress prevention package provides workshops for discussion with managers and employees, and one-to-one ‘employee assist’ counselling for individuals, either sponsored by the employer or booked without the employer’s involvement.
The fees for half-day (three-hour) workshops, which cost £100 per hour and are suitable for up to 12 people. Managers and employees can book separate workshops or both managers and employee representatives can attend a workshop together. One-to-one counselling costs £47 per hourly session.
A package of two half-day workshops and 18 hours’ counselling is available at a special rate of £1,500.
To find out more call our Education and Learning team on 01234 342503 or email email@example.com