This opportunity is now closed to applications. Thank you for your interest.
To support our continuing growth, we are actively seeking to recruit volunteer trustees with expertise in HR, Accounts & Finance, Building Management and a relevant Clinical field. We're looking for dedicated people who are passionate about thriving mental and relational health throughout Northamptonshire.
New Volunteer Trustees
As an active member of the Board of Trustees the successful candidate will help support the Chairperson and CEO through the next stage of our development, with their particular expertise in one of the following:
- Human Relations: someone with in-depth knowledge of sustaining successful teams and incorporating latest legislation
- Building Management: a person with experience in getting the most out of historic buildings
- Clinician: a psychologist, doctor or other medical professional with experience in mental health medicine
- Accounts & Finance: someone equipped to help us navigate the financial challenges and opportunities of a post-pandemic world
Each trustee will also take part in overseeing the direction, sustainability and governance of Relate Northamptonshire take responsibility in key roles and actively participate in sub-groups. The successful candidate will have a positive and proactive approach and will have the personal drive to act as an ambassador for Relate Northamptonshire. They will have good business acumen, strategic management experience and ideally experience of the voluntary and community sector.
Who we are
At Relate Northamptonshire, we believe that healthy relationships lead to a thriving society where individuals, families and communities flourish. Since 1959, we have provided counselling and support services to individuals, families, couples, children and young people. Our trustees are essential in helping us adhere to and achieve this vision.
Relate believes that:
- An individual’s physical well-being and emotional mental health benefit from a committed relationship
- Children thrive in families where relationships are free from conflict
- People gain from an understanding of their sexuality
These beliefs shape our services and our focus. From them arise our aims - we help people build better relationships by:
- Enhancing the quality of couple, parental and family relationships
- Helping relationships and marriages withstand the pressures leading to breakdown
- Limiting the damage which commonly accompanies failing relationships, separation and divorce and increasing the prospect of subsequent relationships succeeding.
Each trustee, with their particular expertise and skills, enables us to achieve these aims for communities across Northamptonshire.
You can find out more about each specialist role by downloading the relevant job description:
How to apply
For an informal chat or further information about any of these roles, please telephone Christina Ryan CEO on 01604 634400.
To apply, download and complete the application form below and email to Christina.
Closing Date: 16 February 2022
The posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, which Relate Northamptonshire will pay for.
Relate Northamptonshire is an equal opportunities employer.